This Environmental Policy is effective as of January 2012.
1. Environmental Impact from Our Business Operations and Activities
- 1.1Air Pollution Control
- 1）Air Conditioning Unit Refrigerant Control
- Perform regular service maintenance of air conditioning units
- 1.2 Noise Control
- We have not identified any source of noise pollution from our business operations.
- 1.3 Water Control
- We have not identified any source of water pollution from our business operations.
- 1.4 Waste Disposal
- Recyclable Items: sorted and recycled by waste management vendor.
- Non-Recyclable Items: sorted and processed by office property management.
- Toxic Items: securely storage and processed by EPA-certified waste management vendor.
2. Conservation of Energy
- 2.1 We continually improve and reduce environmental impacts. For example, we advocate paperless work environment by using electronic files and use of rechargeable batteries in place of disposable ones.
- 2.2 All waste is recycled wherever possible.
- 2.3 Procurement priority given to recyclable products. Paper specification for print work is based on recycled pulp or paper from sustainable forests.
- 2.4 Conservation of Electricity
- 1）We use electricity responsibly and switch off electrical items when not in use.
- 2）We reduce the number of lighting installment in compliance with work safety guidance.
- 3）We maintain central air-conditioning temperature based on energy-saving standards.
- 2.5 Conservation of Water
- 1）We reduce the amount of water used in the office.
- 2.6 Conservation of Fuel
- 1）We avoid any unnecessary car journeys and procure Company vehicles based on fuel consumption.
- 2.7 Conservation of Material
- 1） We reduce the amount of paper or other office material used in the office.
- 2.8 Community Involvement
- 1）Our employees are encouraged to participate in all public and community services to increase employee awareness and ensure our energy conservation plans are up-to-date.
- 2.9 Our Department of Administration is responsible for conducting annual review of the consumption statistics of water, electricity, and office consumables to continually improve environmental performance.
- 3.1 IBM Supplier Code of Conduct
- 3.2 Electronics Industry Code of Conduct